Saturday, June 26, 2010

Ubud and Jimbaran

Continuing the family rendezvous....

Thursday, 24th of June, Vincent went to work. Nicole and Marc were a bit tired from the previous days activities, so we took it easy by taking a different route to walk and window-shop. I took them around the shopping area in Seminyak-Oberoi. Then we ended the journey at Rich Café, the Thai restaurant Sylvie loves and they love too. We had a lovely lunch then took a swim. It was pretty relaxing, but at 4 o'clock I had to leave to my French course. The two came back with me home although I told them that they could stay there and relax more.

In the evening, Vincent wanted to take us to Café Bali, but it was full!!! So we had dinner at the restaurant next door, Khaima, a Morrocan restaurant. I am not a big fan of Morrocan food. It is very nice, yes, but it is a bit too sweet for my taste. It was not because I ordered Tagine with prunes!!! Well, the prunes indeed made it sweeter, but I just think Morrocan food in general is sweeter than the others. If I had to compare it with Indonesian food, it would have to be Jogjakartan food!

Friday, 25th of June, we went to Ubud!!! The weather was not friendly even when we just set off to leave. But that didn't stop us. Nothing can stop you when you have a car, haha!

Vincent parked the car by the Ubud Monkey Forest, then we walked towards the direction of Babi Guling Ibu Oka. I didn't have breakfast that morning because I knew I would totally be stuffed after eating at Ibu Oka, but the walk was SO LONG!!! My mood wasn't exactly going south but it was not going north either. :P

We felt so content after having the great lunch and we visited the front part of the Ubud Palace. Afterwards, we continued the journey browsing for more shops. I think Ubud shops sell better stuff than those in Kuta or Seminyak. Lovely things though rather expensive compared to where we live. But I guess there is the price for the quality. Nicole bought some nice stuffs for herself and she also bought Vincent an early birthday present of a silver ring; while Marc was happy with his new ivory necklace.

Next stop was the Monkey Forest itself. What can I say about this Monkey Forest? There were.... a lot of monkeys? Like hundreds of them! Very cute ones. I especially liked the little baby monkeys.

Saturday, 26th of June, the Chanliaus and the Mengus went to Sylvie's villa to check it out in the morning, while I had to go to TelkomVision to make a complaint about our non-working cable. Later on I found out apparently a cargo truck destroyed the cable so that a few houses got their connection cut.

Then, the best part was the lunch. It was Jimbaran time!!! Let's expect the super delicious, mouth-watering seafood!!! The clams, the fishes, the prawns!!! But hell, as far as I could remember eating there, we could never finish the whole order and had to ask the waiters to bungkus the leftover. But this time, it was clean even before I felt full. How did that happen?

Answer: Marc eats a lot and very, very quickly. And Vincent skipped the rice, so he's also kind of fast with the seafood, especially clams. After that, he ordered another portion of clams so I could eat a bit more, and he and Marc too.

We had a short swim at the beach afterwards, which was nice. Every day is a holiday when you have guests to entertain!!!!

No comments: