Saturday, April 4, 2009

Meals

Normally I'm the one cooking in the house. But since we moved, and my working schedule is changed to a later hour, I naturally come home later too. With the 30 minutes drive suffering from suffocation - thanks a lot to the car/motorcycle exhausts - I'm now too tired and demotivated to do any cooking once I arrive home.

Dear boyfriend was at first grumbling and protesting that I did not feed him lately. But then he finally gave up sulking and started preparing the meals himself.

First one was beans and sausages. It actually tasted very, very, very good if only it didn't burn.

Second one (shown in pic) is avocado salad. Presented nicely with salad sauce on top. I could finish 2 half-parts of them (the four halves were supposed to be all for me). But my Indonesian tongue is not used to too much wine vinegar and Dijon mustard. The cook said, "But I already made it mild!!!"

Third one and last one so far was ham sandwich. We went to Ace Hardware yesterday and there was a toaster on sale. Vincent said, "Hey I want you to prepare me sandwich with this for my lunch!" I went like, "Sure, take it." But as usual, he is hardly a patient guy. As soon as we arrived home, he insisted to try out the toaster at that very time. So he went out again to Carrefour and bought some bread, ham, tomatoes and cheddar cheese, while I fell asleep in my room. He went upstairs to tell me that dinner was ready. And.... guess what, this is the best meal he made so far. Hihi...

But apart from that, ISN'T HE FREAKING SWEET???

3 comments:

RinAku said...

hahahaha......simple is the best for a starter :D Btw, yeap, that's sweet.

The Diva said...

yeah he's so sweet. sandwich is always the easiest, right Vince? Can't do wrong about it.

Avocado salad -- I KNOW!!! Germans and French obviously share the same weirdness when it comes to eating avocado.
There is only one thing appropriate and acceptable when it comes to avocado: you make a juice out of it and put mocca / chocolate milk. Period.

No salad, no vinegar, no FRYING, no putting spices, and especially no eating avocado with bread, sprinkled with salt and pepper!
Bah.

Why don't you two try catering? You live in Indonesia, man!

Carla Chanliau said...

Well he and his friend had the sort of similar comment about us making avocado juice (even with chocolate on top). They insisted it was the weirdest thing. I told Vince to be adventurous and just TRY IT. After that he said, yeah, it's pretty good. :P

Catering is out. I did the business when I was in Tegal. It was very, very good if you didn't have anything else to do. But with everything Bali has to offer, we don't have time for that! lol.