Monday, February 23, 2009

House Targetted and Decided

After a quick research of around 4 houses over these past 4 days, we have decided to choose a big house on Jalan Buluh Indah.

It is slightly far from my office but reasonably near from Vincent's. It's of two storeys, got a telephone line (which means we can almost instantly apply for an internet connection), a big bathroom, 3 bedrooms (two of which are equipped with aircon already), a big kitchen and diningroom, a big bale-bale (Balinese seating place) at the entrance, balconies etc. One thing that Vincent didn't really like is that it doesn't have a garden. All the big entrance is plastered. :P

We still need to do the painting job and buy curtains. But even to think of that makes me excited. Couldn't sleep last night. I may make the living room my photography gallery!!!!

Meeting the owner tonight for the down payment of the annual rent.

3 comments:

The Diva said...

I didn't know you were looking for a new place until I came across Vincent's status in Facebook yesterday.

Congrats on the new house. Looks like a good deal, after all. Hmmm no garden eh? Then just put some pots of flowers, loads of them... should make up for the garden while sitting at the bale-bale, hehe.

photography gallery!!! Whoaaa that sounds cool.
3 bedrooms eh? So now I know where to stay in case I have another getaway holiday one day... if you know what I mean :-))))

The Diva said...

I didn't know you were looking for a new place until I came across Vincent's status in Facebook yesterday.

Congrats on the new house. Looks like a good deal, after all. Hmmm no garden eh? Then just put some pots of flowers, loads of them... should make up for the garden while sitting at the bale-bale, hehe.

photography gallery!!! Whoaaa that sounds cool.
3 bedrooms eh? So now I know where to stay in case I have another getaway holiday one day... if you know what I mean :-))))

Carla Chanliau said...

Well the whole idea started abruptly and decided quickly. And that is (thankfully) because Vincent FINALLY realised and was aware that he earned Indonesian salary and that a lot of things had to be changed. He now starts saying "omg, this is expensive, that is expensive". And these are for the same things he said "gee, that is freaking cheap!!!" a while back in December. it's kinda cute.

but having a house rented is our shared opinion. our apartment is comfortable for a couple of months (top) stay. but not really for long. we both need space for ourselves. and vincent needs a smoking room. hihihi...