Monday, January 12, 2009

New Facts about Vincent on Animals

  • He's a cockroach lover. I am not allowed to kill cockroaches in the kitchen and instead I have to always call him when I see one, so that he can take it out alive.
  • He hates flies. So he has got this war against the flies and bought an extermination camp. At Christmas holiday we went to the east of Bali for 4 days and found that a house gecko was stuck in his fly trap, and he struggled his best to get the gecko off of it for like... I don't know, an hour? In the mean time, he was talking to Lizu - that's how he named the gecko - that he was going to save him and not kill him.
  • He is afraid of snakes because he was bitten once. Only when the snake object is mentioned in a conversation then he would act like a girl. One day I am going to take him to the Reptiles Park at Singapadu so that he can beat that fear.
  • He has an inconsistent view of Balinese dogs. He loves dogs and once he would kick a guy's ass on New Year's eve because the guy was harming a dog. But another time, he said he would kill the little dogs belonging to our neighbour for barking early in the morning every morning.
  • He hates ants. Well, me too. Not because they bite or anything, just because they're annoying. So we bought a magic anti-ants chalk. And I told him before we drew lines with that chalk, that it was very powerful and it could kill cockroaches, too. He was considering a moment about it, but gave in in the end. The next morning I saw a dead cockroach in the corner of the kitchen. Later on that day I saw his sad face when looking at it and he said, "There's a dead cockroach there." I was not very sure if I should laugh or be sad with him.

7 comments:

Winzz said...

Correction, I WAS NEVER BITTEN BY A SNAKE, i just had a frightning confrontation when i was little boy, I FUCKING HATE THEM!!! Come on they don't even have legs!!!

Carla Chanliau said...

omg, not even bitten and scared like mad? i'm so ashamed!!!

The Diva said...

HUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA this posting is so so funny!!!!
How could a guy with so many freaky tattoos and such an intimidating outer appearance be so soft and squeaky towards animals????????????????? Hahahahahahaha.

So where did you finally put Lizu?
Did you get him off safely?

Oh but don't worry about the dead cockroach, Vincent, they'll all go to Cockroach Heaven, where they can play in the meadow with rabbits, and rats, and other animals and eat fruits...
See, it's better for them than living here in the wild world.
Bottomline: SEND THEM ALL TO COCKROACH HEAVEN!!!!!!!!!!!
Hahahahahaha.

I can't wait to see you two again next month!!
(Martin is so excited, he was going to meet you far before I arrive!!! *grumble* Carla, I've mailed you the dates, did you get it?)

Winzz said...

Looking forward to see you two too!! I'll take Martin Downtown and we gonna get WILDD!!!!

Winzz said...

BTW, yup i release lizu Safely, he was still sticky but i think he made his way, he came back to see me later to introduce me to his wife and kids, and we had a musquito dinner all together....

Carla Chanliau said...

Wild means they're gonna drink a thousand shots of tequila.

To answer your questions, Sheila...
We had to go not long after he took Lizu off the trap, but Lizu was still very sticky, and whereever he went, his legs got stuck into his other parts of the body. So we left him in the small sort-of garden at our place, so that at least his sticky legs stack on the soil. When we were back hours later, we couldn't find him. So maybe he survived, or maybe he went to the Cicak Heaven.

You emailed me the dates, yeah. Can you give my number to Martin? Then he can call us for a meetup. :)

Bali Hotel said...

Having holiday in Bali will make you fresh and get more experience on another cultural, meeting another new people and learning other tradition. Bali is one of the main tourist destination in Indonesia offering wide range of Bali hotels for either cheap Bali holidays to luxury private honeymoon package at private Bali Villas.